SC - don't cringe too bad....

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 4 10:43:32 PDT 2000

Before the thread mutated into "What do we call ourselves,
we-who-hide-in-the-kitchen-while-the-others-play",  Lord Logan introduced
himself to the list.

Welcome, Lord Logan!  I hope that you find the list informative, and the
folk gathered within to be friendly and helpful! Many interesting topics do
appear here, most recently, (at least to me) was that Green Eggs and Ham do
appear to be period!

I am no doubt one of the lesser experienced feast cooks on the list. I do
have 2 feasts under my belt.. wait... no,some of the populace of fair
Atlantia have those feasts under their belts.  :) I can categorically state
that the most grand award I have yet recieved within the Society was the
night of my first feast. I was fatigued by the end, ready to sit and be
still and enjoy something from a bottle while catching my breath.  Someone
came into the kitchen and asked me to step into the feast hall. When I did,
there THEY were... everyone! looking at me! "Uh, Oh" I thought. Then, the
applause started. I may have smiled, I was too stunned by this to recall. I
do remember waving and returning to the kitchen with a bit more spring in my
step and a much better feeling about life in general.

This is a memory that I will always keep with me, and I hope that your first
feast meets with such an end. With the resources of these gathered cooks,
their willingness to share all their know-how, ideas, and creativity, I'm
certain that yours will.

Yours in Service
Toby of Isenfir
Shire Castellan
Brewmaster and Bartender of the Red Mountain Inn
Occasional Head Cook

Once Upon a Time, Thomas Jenkins wrote:

    Greetings one and all... Please allow me to introduce myself. I am =
Lord Logan Macleod of Crossrode Keep (Big Spring, TX), and it appears I =
have been saddled with Feastocrat duties at our shire's next event. =
Therefore, I did what any red blooded Ansteorran would do... I checked =
out the rialto. And so, with the help of all of the fine gentles on this =
list, I expect I can learn many new things about period cooking. =
Sincerely, Ld. Logan MacleodKM Crossrode KeepStickjock that can COOK!