SC - Gerald's Herbal

Richard Keith keith.78 at osu.edu
Tue Apr 4 12:55:23 PDT 2000

I have got to ask this question to the group.  Now maybe the answer is
obvious to most people, but I kept thinking about this after an event.  If I
REALLY like a dish... I tend to go to the cook, autocrat, local Internet BB,
etc. and say... "Gosh, that green stuff with red thingies was really good at
feast", BUT....

Lets say you prepared a feast.  It is comprised of many different dishes.
And one of the dishes was "Garlic, seeweed and anchovies in hollowed out
turnips".  Now, although this is one of your favorite dishes, how do you know
whether or not the populace liked it?  AND whether or not it would be
welcomed at another event?  (To me: if it is not welcomed/not eaten it is a
waste of the group's money).

After the feast, you were called from the kitchen (as usual) and thanked for
your wonderful efforts.  You may not be aware that this one dish was dumped
by nearly everyone into the trash.

Do you ever check to see what food is returned un-eaten to the kitchen?  Do
you make any correlations?  Do you peek into trash cans?  Do you ask...and
hope to get a honest response?    Just wondering what follow-up do you do?

Rayne