SC - How do you know a dish was well liked or hated?

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Apr 4 13:08:15 PDT 2000

Exactly the kind of "musings" I was looking for. -)

This question came to mind because at a feast I heard many people mumbling -
"gosh, this dish is awful".  And I thought to myself... "you know, you are
right.  Now who is going to tell the cook that?"  Surely he/she tasted it.
And was the consensus of my table, and the tables around me, the feelings of
most of the diners or just the palates closest to me?

Rayne