SC - Greek wine

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Apr 4 18:00:28 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/4/00 12:02:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

<< Irish recipes, like Frumenty and
 Compost.  Are there differences in the Irish version? >>

The compost recipe was adapted to Ireland by using mead and cider vinegar
instead of wine and wine vinegar. As for the Frumenty, I used wheat berries
and barley, no milk but butter and flavoured it with onions and homemade
vegetable broth. After some recent posts about substituting oil and water, I
might reconsider using that in the future.

Hauviette