Check Pants - Was, SC - Is Arrowroot Period?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Apr 4 20:27:15 PDT 2000

In a message dated 04/04/2000 3:47:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RichSCA at aol.com writes:

>  Now, although this is one of your favorite dishes, how do you know whether
or not
> the populace liked it?  AND whether or not it would be welcomed at another
event?
> (To me: if it is not welcomed/not eaten it is a waste of the group's
money).

Ask your friends or several people you trust to know they can tell you the
truth. Better yet, make a test batch before the event and have the
aforementioned truthtellers give you their honest opinions. There really is
no point serving something the majority of your "consultants" hate.

Being thanked for doing a good job is a broad-reaching compliment. Truth be
told, sometimes you're thanked in spite of how things turned out. My personal
twitch over thanking the kitchen staff and cook is that half the time, they
forget to call the crew out of the kitchen to hear the acclaim. I've worked a
number of kitchens where we heard random cheering and only found out later on
that one round was enthusiastically for the meal and our efforts.

In Service,

Meghan