SC - OOP recipe request - bugs and my final word on tolerance

Diana Haven dhaven at rickardlist.com
Wed Apr 5 06:10:04 PDT 2000

>Diana Haven wrote:
>>
>> I dare say this is the crux of the matter:  I myself will research - and
>> do love to do it when I have the time.  BUT - I do not decry those who
don't
>> want to research and just wish to enjoy the ambience.
>
>Strangely, _somebody_ must do the research, or there will be no
>'ambiance' for you to enjoy. Or the 'ambiance' is no more than what you
>find for an inflated price in Las Vegas. (Considering how much all of us
>spend on this 'hobby', it maybe cheaper just to go to Vegas!)
>
>'Lainie
Um...been there, done that!  And gonna go do it again in two weeks.  Then
again - I have family out there.  Anyone got some good recipes for killer
bees?  From what I understand there have been at least 7 nests removed
recently.  How many bees to a lb of edible substance? Oh...maybe I should
ask first - *are* killer bees edible?

Please notice Lanie, I said that I do like to do research when I have time -
but those who simply come to events and enjoy what I have researched will
not be castigated by me.  I've also found that people can get into this game
more fully in the oddest ways - kitchening to be specific!

One of the people who helped me at my first feast started researching garb
of all things.  Our conversation in the kitchen was of garb, some of my
finest goofs, and a very 'infamous' shocking pink shiny
tunic-that-was-supposed-to-be-a-tunic.  We had a few good laughs (think of a
*very* large chested woman wearing a front split bodice designed to be worn
with a corset-and nothing else!).  When the young man got back to his
University, he started looking up every portrait in period he could to get
ideas.

Ras, would you have any scorpion recipes?  When I visit LV, I want to go
prepared. My sis has found a few on her eldest son - and I was wondering if
they are edible too?  Might as well make use of the local fauna if they're
gonna be aggressive.

Diana d'Avignon