SC - Period Dining Atmosphere (Was RE: Saffron)

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Apr 5 08:30:16 PDT 2000

> I have always respected the more traditional (professional) kitchens who
> still practice the "Parade of the Chefs".  Everyone involved in the meal is
> brought out and through the dining room to hear the applause and ovations of
> the guests.  Then they go back in and spend the next three hours cleaning up
> so they can go home before they go on overtime.
>
> Balthazar of Blackmoor

I used to go out for the applause and stuff but realized that I didn't want
that.
Mainly because I've been a diner at some truly...um...uninspired, feasts but
was basically commanded by the Powers That Be to applaud when the cook
and crew were dragged out.

At that time I decided that I will never be presented for doing a feast. I'll
stay in the kitchen, thank you. Basically I feel if I prepared a good feast
those
that care will tell me. And if the feast was less than stellar then the poor
diners will not be forced to applaud me out of courtesy.

During the meal I usually go out and check things like the service, if people
like the food, anything that needs done, etc.. so I do get some feedback but
I honestly would rather be cleaning up afterwards than be presented.

I'm an old grouch anyway.

Yers,

Gunthar