SC - Question about Icelandic Chicken

Lurking Girl tori at panix.com
Wed Apr 5 13:09:16 PDT 2000

>>>I have tried Dover on line, and they send me to Amazon.  When I have
tried
to enter the title, I get nothing or out of print at best.  Thank you for
your comments concerning the Book.  I am not a  botanist, but found the
source fascinating.  100 for the book seems like a lot.  I am trying to
plant period plants both in my vegetable, herbal and flowers beds.  I
realize that some species just may not be available. Yet with his
illustrations, I might be able to have something close.  I have downloaded
Stephen's files on herbs and have attempted to get some of those volumes to
review.  My lady says I tend to over research things.   I welcome any
further comments.
Thanks
Lrd Frederich Holstein der Tollhase<<<

Lord Frederich,
Where do you live?  Your location will have a great deal to
do with what you can succesfully grow out of Gerard.  I have
spent at least 15 years researching period sources and have
compliled a rather lengthy (700-800 species) listing by Latin
names and modern names of period trees, fruits, flowers
and  vegetables.  In most cases I have found and listed
which of the modern varieties are the original stock and
not modern hybrids.  I have grown at least 80% of them at
one time or another in my vast Elizabethean gardens.
Regretably, the list is on my ancient Mac hard drive and I have
never transfered the data to my PC.  I have a hard copy around
here somewhere, but I would have to photocopy it and send
it to you via US Snail.

Akim Yaroslavich
"No glory comes without pain"