SC - Apples for Cider

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Wed Apr 5 16:12:37 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/5/00 8:44:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

>  Agreed. But IMO, it does make it a period-like dish using a period recipe
as

>  the source of inspiration. Unless, of course, it can be documented that
>  safflower was used as a substitute in that particular dish when saffron
was
>  not available.
>
>  Acceptable for feasts? Sure. Period-like? Yes, Period? Not IMO unless
>  documented evidence shows such a substitution was made in that particular
>  dish.

It's all a matter of nomenclature, I suppose.  I think you folks are getting
pretty tired of hearing my point over and over and over again.  But, whatever
happened to the "educated guess"?

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Such a strange fascination, as I wallow in waste
That such a trivial victory could put a smile on your face.