OT - Re: SC - Re: saffron

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 17:44:35 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/5/00 3:00:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Linda Peterson
<mirhaxa at swcp.com> writes:

<< Why no milk? Not complaining, mind you, just curious. My impression had
 been the early Celts were big on cattle.

The milk is the cooking liquid and the rest of the feast had a large quantity
of dairy in it already. I like to balance my feasts to some degree. If every
remove is heavvvy dairy then I find the feast too onesided. I probably could
have made other substitutions in other recipes but this was one that worked.
You are right, the Celts were verrrry big on cattle (Tain Bo Culagne saga is
an excellent example- the story of the cattle raids between Ulster and
Connaght)

Hauviette

 Mirhaxa >>