Check Pants - Was, SC - Is Arrowroot Period?

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Apr 5 18:22:29 PDT 2000

Huzzah!!!!   Well said, Brandu!!!

I joined the SCA in AS9, although I had first heard
about it in AS3.  I remember the carpet armor, the
freon helms and the wonder I felt when I got my first
period cookbook "Fabulous Feasts".  Which I used
extensively for my first banquet.  I am very proud of
that banquet.  Would I do it exactly again?  No, I
have learned lots since then.  But, as you said so
eloquently, we were trying our best to present a
period atmosphere.  We have learned, we have grown,
and we still have a lot of learning and growing to do.
 What we were then, we are no longer.  What we are
now, we will no longer be in 35 years.  That is the
way of life.

Huette