SC - Is Arrowroot Period?

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 00:38:09 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/5/00 9:38:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time, RichSCA at aol.com
writes:

>  So instead of "But, whatever happened
>  to the "educated guess"?" it is more of a "what would the palate and
>  knowledge of the cooks drive them to use?"

Sure.  In a nut shell, that is my case.  If we use this kind of scholarly
assumption, are we threatening the SCA's reputation as a scholarly research
organization?  I, personally, don't think so.  Where were you with this
simple statement about four or five days ago, when all this started?  Could
have saved myself a lot of typing.  I truly believe, after all of this mess
has settled, that it is going to (and always will) boil down to a matter of
opinion.  My definition of "period" differs from that of others.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Such a strange fascination, as I wallow in waste
That such a trivial victory could put a smile on your face.