SC - 4 bee recipes-OOP

Ann Sasahara ariann at nmia.com
Thu Apr 6 07:07:34 PDT 2000

>From Gwynydd unto the Gathered Cooks:
>
>Umm, not that I really want to continue this thread too much further, but I
>am inclined to disagree that the reason that people insist on continuing to
>dance an 18th century dance is because they are too lazy to research dances
>appropriate to SCA period.  Sometimes these things are continued because
>they are FUN and because they have become entrenched in the Society (I am
>not going to give up playing Tablero even if I find that it really isn't
>period!).

Actually, there are more than a few folks who are working on stamping out
some of the excessively non-period dances that are entrenched in the SCA
because we *do* have better (ie period and just as fun) alternatives.

>BTW, if anyone has a proven period recipe for Turkish Delight, I would love
>to receive it!  Oh, and could I have some more information about the 14th
>century Confectionery Manual which was mentioned earlier?

Watch the Compleat Anachronist schedule - I think that there will be one on
colored foods and confections coming out sometime in the near (next year or
so) future....

Keilyn
CA Reviewer