SC - Re: Compost variations

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Apr 6 08:33:51 PDT 2000

> >  > >  Kinda hard to do any redacting without doing some cookin', ain't it?
> ;-)

I can look at a period recipe and at leas be able to translate it into modern
English enough to come up with a basis of a recipe. If someone cooks it
so much the better. Why the possibly inflammatory statement?

> >  BTW- I've been wondering- do you ever sleep? or work? or leave the
> >  computer? My mail volume from Cooks' has shot up significantly since
> >  you've been posting and I don't know about anyone else but I'm having
> >  trouble keeping up. I mean no offense but perhaps you could think about
> >  consolidating things or taking some off-line?
>
> Good grief !!  Now I'm being attacked for having rather prolific opinions :)
> If it truly offends, I guess I could "go tell it on the mountain."
> Tomorrow's headline to read : "Another Free Thinker Abandons Mailing
> List...Status Quo Maintained...Another Naughty Opinion Successfully Stifled!"

Folks, I've gotten sick and tired of the way things have developed over the last

few days. I've tried to be nice and I've had to counsel caution. But things
continue.
People were beginning to settle down and actually deal with some degree of
courtesy and scholarship. But then someone else comes over and gently adds
a bit more lighter fluid.

Enough! I'm sorry that I sometimes have to go home and not look at the list
so that stuff is allowed to propigate. There are many people at fault here and
it was contributed by a lot of hot buttons, arrogant attitudes and discourtesy.

THIS ENDS NOW!

If you have something to say then you had damned well read it three times for
content before you hit the "Send" button. Especially if it is disagreeing with
someone. This isn't picking on Balthazar or Ras or 'lanie or Huette or anyone
else. It is a general warning. The next flame, insult or slander I see on this
list
gets the poster unsubscribed. You can disagree, but if you take a person's
character into question you are gone and I don't care how long you have been
on this list or who the hell you are.

Is this plain enough?

I'm been very ashamed of this group the past few days. If you can't behave
as civilized adults then create your own list. I won't have this on mine.

Gunthar