SC - Re: Re: Compost variations, early wine of dried grapes

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Apr 6 09:02:00 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/4/00 6:35:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ChannonM at aol.com
writes:

<<
 Please take this post as an attempt to turn this around. We all must put
 forth an effort at being more considerate of the people we are posting to.

 Hauviette >>

Here, here!!! I myself am a novice at medieval cooking and am happy to make
something that at least looks period, if my kids will eat it. I am not a
kitchen steward, have never been to a feast, have never had the opportunity
to see a pro in action, and probably never will be able to be. I have a booth
and since I am so isolated from even the closest group (think 140 mile round
trip to try to go to the meetings) that unless I can merchant, I can't afford
to go. Add to that the fact that I have five children and you see my options
are limited. I am however, the cook for my family and the small group of
friends who camp with us at events (I also feed the merchants who have booths
to either side of me at these events) I try  to made period food, but it is
very hard to keep everything strictly period. I sometimes feel that my simple
efforts are not good enough because I don't always do it the "proper" way. I
do understand that most people on this list understand that, but it is the
very few who do not that keep me from posting about my cooking.

If anyone wants to hear about the success I had with frozen bread dough this
weekend I will post about it. If you think it is too OOP for this list, even
though the finished product looked very period and was very well received
then I won't post.
Sincerely,
Peldyn