Subject: Re: SC - I CHALLENGE YOU...

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Apr 6 10:32:27 PDT 2000

Kohlrabi, upon the occaision that I was gifted some fresh froma neighbor's
garden, was terribly yummy when prepared in the boil, then sautee method. I
ran into a terrible problem, however, and I hope someone can tell me where
we went wrong:

After eating the darned things we were, one and all, up most of the night
with the most hideously painful intestinal disorder imaginable. I perosnally
nearly went to the hospital. It turned out, tho I am embarassed to say so,
to be horrendous gas. I eat a lot of the sort of gas-producing things one
must usually consume in order to build up an immunity to their gassy
tendancies, such as broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts, etc... Kohlrabu has
me beat, however.  Short of taking Beano every time we eat it, I'm afraid
it's out for our family.

Aoife

Someone with more experience with the veg than I have, penned:

It's yummy.  Nice texture, and not "weird" for the
vegie-scared.
Serian
<What does kohlrabi taste like?