private-Re: SC - Growing Edible Flowers

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 17:37:43 PDT 2000

Black_Jade at bigpond.com writes:

<< Not necessarily.  One needs to be pretty confident in their imagination
 though.  >>

Agreed. I NEVER test my recipes for a feast before I actually cook them at a
feast. I just read the recipe. By the time it is read I know exactly what it
will taste like when it is served. I then write down the amounts that I see
happening. (That is where the Science part of arts and sciences comes in.)
Would I recommend this to folks who are not instinctive cooks? No. Never.

Is the method valid for professional cooks like Adamantius or our new member
who is a professional cook? Or instinctive cooks such as myself or Mordonna?
My experience says yes. Each person decides which is best for them. Neither
is more correct if the resulting dish can be reproduced by anyone who has a
basic knowledge of cooking and can read and follow instructions.

Ras