SC - Death or imprisonment? OT

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sat Apr 8 02:56:20 PDT 2000

Bonne answered Balthazar with:
> >     I am looking for a primary source reference for either a Ballotine of
> >Pork, or Gallantine.  ...  I have plenty of great modern
> >recipes for these, but am looking for something documentable.
> >
> >In service to the Crown,
> >Balthazar of Blackmoor
>
> Balthazar,
>
> I noticed no one has responded to this yet, so I will.
>
> Researching last winter for the feast I did last spring, I came across a
> recipe that could be interpreted as lifting the skin from the hen carcass,
> boning the naked carcass, and then putting the meat plus sausage(?) back
> into the skin.  It was a stretch to interpret it this way, if you hadn't
> heard of the technique you might interpret it as stuffing between the
> carcass and the skin w/ sausage.  Or stuffing the usual cavities with
> sausage. The recipe is very vague, but it does have these odd, incomplete
> instructions.

Balthazar, your request must have been in one of the digests I've had
to skip (for now). Although I doubt I would have recognised these names
without Bonne's description.

Anyway, I think one or more recipes and comments are in this file
in the FOOD section of my files:
illusion-fds-msg  (79K)  8/28/98    Medieval illusion foods. Diguised food.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net