SC - Thickening with egg yolks, and veal

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Apr 8 15:36:06 PDT 2000

we've been successful in two different ways.

one is to decide on a recipe or recipes to do for the cooks meeting.
someone or more than one picks up the necessary ingredients, and we spend
the evening with individuals or small groups each making the recipe in the
way that seems best to them while carefully documenting methods and
measurements.  then we taste and comment on everything and decide which
redaction we like best or how we want to try it next time.

the other way is place a pile of appropriate ingredients on the counter
and have each individual or small group search through the source books
until they find something to make using the available ingredients.  this
gets a little competitive - and fun - as there are only so many
ingredients to go around and those who arrive latest get the leastest.

elaina