SC - encouraging newbies

Christina van Tets cjvt at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 9 12:22:20 PDT 2000

Magdalena vander Brugghe asked:
> Thank you thank you thank you!  There used to be a place in Allentown PA
> that made zatar, and I loved it.  I haven't be able to find it in ages.
> I even have some sumac all ready for it!  Does anybody have a recipe
> appropriate for the flatbread?

I also want to thank you for za'tar spice mix. Sounds interesting.

One of the major differances between sumac and poisonous sumac is the
color of the berries. The berries on the poisonous sumac are white. The
ones I've seen on the sumac bush/tree are red.

For flatbread recipes, you might want to take a look at this file in
the BREAD-GRAINS section of my Florilegium:
brd-mk-flat-msg   (49K)  1/14/00    Period flat or unleavened bread recipes.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net