SC - Re: Pommes Dorre- Methodology

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Apr 9 11:38:08 PDT 2000

Yesterday, while picking up some rosewater at the Indian grocery, I
discovered that in their nut section they carry almond meal -- blanched
almond, ground more finely than I've ever been able to manage in my
food processor.  I think this might be a good solution for almond-milk at
Pennsic.  Also I plan to try turning some of it into almond paste.  At
$3.99 a pound, it's rather more expensive than unblanched almonds for
$1.50 a pound, but it's still cheaper than commercial almond paste.
And then there's the convenience factor...

Brighid, who was going to take her grandmother out for lunch, but since
this area has been visited by a freak snowstorm, is bringing appetizing*
instead...

*To forstall the inevitable question, this is the Jewish-American term for
things like bagels and lox (and baked salmon, and a lovely piece of
smoked whitefish, and two kinds of cream cheese).