SC - Apples for Cider

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Apr 10 23:21:43 PDT 2000

Lady Uta said:
> Tokens for the helpers is a lovely idea - how come I've never thought of it!
> I shall definitely find something for them at the next feast I'm stewarding in May : )

> >In addition, when I am called out to be thanked during the feast, I in turn
> >call up everyone who helped from those who spent the day to those who carved
> >radishes for garnish, to the servers and give them a token of my
> >appreciation. One year I gave out flowers, another a pewter salt spoon, this
> >year I burned in a Celtic Cross on the back of wooden spoons (30 of them) My
> >fear is always that I won't have enough to hand out.

> >That's what I want anyone who works in my kitchen to take home with them, the
> >warm fuzzy's :)
> >
> >Hauviette

Yes, I think it is a wondeful idea and as far as I remember has not been
mentioned before. That is why Hauviette's message is already earmarked
for the Florilegium. :-)

I think she had some good ideas on particular tokens, also. For those
who would like some more ideas, you might consider looking in this
file in the SCA-INC section of my files:
largess-ideas-msg (47K)  8/ 6/99    Ideas for largess and gifts. Royalty gifts.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net