SC - Re: Open/Closed Kitchens

ChannonM@aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Tue Apr 11 16:03:24 PDT 2000

Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:51:48 -0700
From: Catherine Keegan <keegan at mcn.org>
Subject: Re: SC - Apples for Cider more hints.

If you do this, then as brandu points out you will need to wait several
months after bottling and hope for a good malo-lactic fermentation.

- ---
Well now I'm confuzzled.  Every year we go to a local orchard that sell
unpasteurized juice.  We buy at least 10 gallons of their "apple cider" for a
party.  These plastic jugs sit out on the porch in the weather which can be
above or below freezing but is usually quite cold.  It takes about a day or two
to have slightly alcoholic cider that is just yummy!

how is this so?

- -M