SC - Chopping onions

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Apr 13 08:19:33 PDT 2000

> Hi evryone.  Sorry to bring this here, but you might like to help this
> young girl with her experiment.  I know the girls parents so I can garuntee
> that it's not one of those terrible chain letters.  It is a legit science
> experiment.
> Please don't flame me.
> -Katerine

This isn't a flame but it is a reminder to everyone that letter like this
are not allowed on the Cooks list. This letter may be totally legitimate
and harmless but others would follow from very well-meaning people
who feel the letters need to be presented. Everything from the dying
child who wants a million emails to the latest virus warning to the
cookie recipe.

Any letter that wants someone to forward it to everyone they know
is creating a type of virus. So unless it is related to cooking, history,
or things many of us would have an interest in (Carl Sagan's death
comes to mind). Keep it off the list. Or at least send it to me first
for permission. In most cases I'll allow it. This I would not have.

Yers,

Gunthar