SC - A pilgrimage to THAT Burger King

Elysant@aol.com Elysant at aol.com
Thu Apr 13 15:56:07 PDT 2000

>   An enormous amount of research has gone into the chemistry of the hot
> onion, and scientists have discovered that organic sulfer compounds are
the
> villians in the drama.

Unfortunately for me, these same sulphur compounds are the ones my digestive
tract doesn't handle very well.  I grew up thinking that I didn't like
onions although I put onion powder on my eggs.  As an adult, discovered the
joys of French Onion Soup, etc. only to find out the hard way that as I've
gotten older, I can't eat raw or partially cooked onions at all.  If I pick
out the big pieces, I can usually handle eating the dish (as long as onion
isn't the major ingredient).  Do you have any idea how bland food is without
onion?  At least I can still eat garlic.

Raoghnailt