SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 - Soup for the Qan

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 16 00:02:05 PDT 2000

Olaf asked:
> 	I could just see a feast of all organ meats/meat byproducts:
> start with a Blood Pudding, Pork Rinds, Livewurst & Headcheese for
> apatizers.

> Any other suggestions?

It really sounds like such a feast would really be too rich to eat
much of. However, you might want to take a look at some of the files
in the FOOD section of my Florilegium:
organ-meats-msg   (43K) 12/ 1/99    Period cooking of organ meats.
sausages-msg      (86K) 10/20/99    Period sausages. Making sausage.
puddings-msg      (58K)  1/ 7/00    Medieval puddings. Recipes. Custards.
   (There might be a blood pudding in there, but I can't remember.)
marrow-msg        (18K)  2/ 3/99    Getting bone marrow. Recipes with marrow.
haggis-msg        (79K) 10/ 6/99    Scottish haggis recipes. comments on haggis.

I hope this helps.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net