SC - Complaints at feasts

Morgana Abbey morgana.abbey at juno.com
Sun Apr 16 20:17:53 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/16/00 12:52:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lilinah at earthlink.net writes:

<< Please elucidate. I confess i couldn't quite bring myself to order
 scrapple when i was in PA for my daughter's college's Parent Day,
 since i didn't know what was in it  >>

Scrapple

        2 pounds ground lean pork
        1 lb pork or beef liver
        1 cup buckwheat flour
        3 cups yellow corn meal
        4 tablespoons salt
        4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
        2 teaspoons sage
        2 teaspoons ground mace
        2 teaspoons ground coriander
        2 teaspoons ground thyme
        2 teaspoons whole sweet marjoram
        3 quarts of water

    In a large pot, add the water and bring to a boil. Add the liver and boil
10 minutes. Remove the liver    and either run through a chopper or grab a
knife and cut it in as small pieces as you can. Return to pot.  Add the
ground pork, a little at a time, and stir. If you add the pork all at once,
you will end up with a big    "clump." Boil at about a simmer for 20 minutes.

Ras