SC - Plastic Ware

James F. Johnson seumas at mind.net
Mon Apr 17 02:28:06 PDT 2000

Sieggy said:
>     Since most people react very negatively (screaming in horror, fleeing
> the room, throwing things at me) upon learning the ingredients of haggis,
> especially after taking a bite, I came up with a local variant.
>     Instead of using the liver & lights of a sheep, I used citrus fruits
> chopped together (oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, etc). Instead of using
> oatmeal, I used shredded coconut, and spiced it with a bit of rum. Instead
> of serving it in a sheep's stomach, I stuff it into a condom with a
> chocolate gerbil on top, and serve it forth as 'Faggis'.

Well, I believe we have had some discussions on this list about some
haggis that was not filled with organ parts, but with grains and such.
I remember trying to determine which type of haggis may have come
first. Anyway, take a look at this file in the FOOD section of my
files and see if the non-organ meat haggis might suit your purposes
yet be period.
haggis-msg        (79K) 10/ 6/99    Scottish haggis recipes. comments on haggis.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net