SC - Makin' it work

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Mon Apr 17 18:44:46 PDT 2000

Sieggy skrev:

>I have, however, found that there are a large number of ostentatiously
'politically correct' people (and they ALL wear silver pentagrams - a hint
for anyone looking for a topic for their doctoral thesis - does new age
theology induce allergies? or is it just wearing silver pentagrams that does
it?) who will subject you to a half hour diatribe on the topic du jour
(whatever appeared in last months issue of Mother Jones) if you suggest
serving it to them. <

Sieggy, while I agree with you in principle, I must disagree with your
portrayal of pagans as politically correct New Age fanatics who have nothing
better to do than jump on any "politically correct" fad which comes down the
pike.

Lord Ras and I are both pagans, and I defy you to find two people who are
either less politically correct, or more willing to catch and eat anything
which doesn't move fast enough. Yes, we argue a lot with each other, both
publicly and privately, but we also share a strong friendship based in part
on our mutual dislike of prejudices which lump all of "them", whoever "them"
may be this week- and that includes both the fanatical New Age pagans, and
their fanatical opponents.

Fanatics of any flavor are a pain in the tuchus. Please don't enlarge their
number.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous