SC - Fw: [Trimaris] Meat in a can (no, it's not aboutlistmeat)

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Mon Apr 17 20:23:27 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/17/00 9:55:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
upsxdls at okstate.edu writes:

<< I've made this using chicken backs, pork neck bones, oxtails, homemade
vegetable stock.  I've simmered onion, celery, bell peppers with the
meat, and seasoned the scrapple with everything from sage to tarragon.  I
have extra stock, I thicken it with roux or cornstarch and make a gravy
topping.  You want something sweet, use water instead of stock, and add
honey, brown sugar, or molasses to taste. Serve hot with a pat of butter, or
allow to harden, slice and fry in clarified butter over very low heat. Too
bad corn isn't period!  >>

Could you e-mail me privately regarding your efforts in this area? They sound
fascinating and tasty. :-)

Ras