SC - Fw: [Trimaris] Meat in a can (no, it's not aboutlistmeat)

Jim Revells sudnserv5 at netway.com
Tue Apr 18 12:23:10 PDT 2000

> Actually, as one of the gay people on this list, I have to say that I
> disagree with you Ras.  I have seen nothing offensive on this list about
> homosexuality.

> We were joking around - having fun, and that is what I thought
> Sieggy was doing with his "Faggis".  I thought the idea was hilarious and so
> did my Lady.
>
> Gwynydd of Culloden

I feel that no one was significantly offended by the posts. I also understood
it being in a humorous vein. But the fact was that it was beginning to tread
on possibly shaky ground and I wanted the thread killed. If Sieggy had stated
that he made this dish for some gay friends and they loved it there may have
been no backlash at all. But I basically would like such commentary handled
carefully. I read the post and allowed it even though it was skirting my
involvement. I didn't find it blatently offensive and so allowed it in that I
also
felt it was brought about in fun.

But let us please kill this thread and go back to discussions of food or
history.

Yers,

Gunthar
Evil List Administrator