SC - Compost and Kitchen Crew management

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 18 14:43:59 PDT 2000

I don't know if its period but here is one from memory:

bowl 1 - - 1c flour (a pinch salt perhaps?)
bowl 2 - - 1/3c  water

Put a _clean_ "pizza stone" or bread tiles in the oven and heat to 450
wait 30 minutes to make sure the stone is really hot.
Start your timer for 14 minutes
working as fast as possible, whang together the contents of the two bowls
mix and roll into wide _very_ thin pancakes. poke 'em all over with a fork.
lay the pancakes on the hot stone.
in a few minutes turn over with a fork,
remove when slightly browned.
The timer should not have elapsed. If it has, it is possible that the bread has
"self leavened" is not suitable for Pesach, by strict interpretation. (as long
as it is not burnt, it should still be edible).

These are wonderful, especially when fresh out of the oven.
that boxed stuff is so old and stale, you'll never go back to it.

I made the mistake last year of eating the Pesach matzoh my rabbi
co-worker (he was tired of yeshiva) brought in, which his wife made
the night before. I got hooked and asked for the recipe.

brandu