SC - What this list is about

Black Jade Black_Jade at bigpond.com
Tue Apr 18 15:32:59 PDT 2000

> > A good solution to the garlic issue is to purchase it pre processed.

> Ordinarily I'm a big fan of time-saving conveniences "all other things
> being equal"...
>
> However, in the case of the bottled garlic, for my purposes it would
> depend on the usage. To me, it does taste of the citric acid and/or
> other preservatives added, and also tastes slightly cooked, presumably
> because, well, it is.

Hi,

I'm new to the list (just signed on today) and interesting that you
should be talking of garlic.  I have a friend that sells Pampered
Chef products.  My dh and I are greatly fond of garlic and consume it
often and in great quantity.  We had become frustrated with peeling
garlic and had started buying the bottled minced garlic.  No
comparison to fresh, but we lived with it.  *Until* I went to one of
my friend's Pampered  Chef parties and saw their garlic press in
action.  You don't have to peel the garlic.  You stick a clove in
there press the handle down and the garlic squirts out the holes and
you simply lift the garlic skins out.  You can't do "Elephant" garlic
in it, but I have done some large cloves without any problems.  I
think it runs around $15 and is worth every penny I paid for the joy
of having fresh garlic without the hassle of peeling it.  Contact
your local PC consultant and get one of these.  You will thank
yourself.  BTW, I have yet to see anything as nice on the market.
Not even William Sanoma.

I neither work for nor make profit from Pampered Chef (just love
their stuff!)

Melbrigda
There was som deceptyon or frawdulent
induction that hath made her to condescende
therunto

Visit my website at http://milkmama.tripod.com/sca.html