Fwd: Re: Fwd: SC - Book on Polish Cooking

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 18 22:00:41 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/17/00 10:05:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

>  << Again, as I have said, I am only just beginning to dig deeper into this
>   mystery of medieval cooking.  But the articles I have been able to
examine
>  do
>   seem to indicate more than a little leeway in the preparation or
finishing
>  of
>   a dish.  >>
>
>  I am looking forward to reading the results of your research.
>
>  Ras

I'll post what I find out as I uncover it.  I am still unwilling to let go of
my original belief that medieval cooks commonly substituted
ingredients/spices/etc., but this time I will only post with an actual
document to back it up.  It is my understanding, now, that the majority of
this List requires "documentation" before they will entertain such a "far
fetched" idea, and I can see why.  After reviewing my previous posts, I
realize that I offered little, if any, actual documentation. I will correct
this.  Please be patient, as I am obviously taking "the road less travelled
by."  I' will, of course, expect heated (but not malevolent) discussion with
each post.  Those who do not wish to entertain the idea, please pass by
peacefully (I will tag the posts for easy recognition).

Balthazar of Blackmoor
Such a strange fascination, as I wallow in waste
That such a trivial victory could put a smile on your face.
                                        - Mark Burgess