SC - reasonably safe water at Pennsic

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Wed Apr 19 07:43:38 PDT 2000

I've had this problem with dried legumes which have been stored for extended
periods and have not discovered a satisfactory answer.  It may be they need
to be soaked longer or be cooked for an extended period or both.  I have not
had the problem with dried legumes purchased shortly before use from my
local health food store which sells them in bulk and has a high turnover.

Bear