SC - Re: kitchen envy

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Wed Apr 19 09:47:52 PDT 2000

June may be summertime for most of the U.S., but here in Montana
(north-central) June is the month to just start putting out garden plants.
It took me forever to realize why I didn't get more tomatoes from my patio
planter last year -- the cold nights were causing the blossoms to fall off.
I plan to keep it on the front porch (enclosed) this year.  On the other
hand spinach and lettuce rarely bolt, and can be enjoyed all summer.  I
remind myself how lucky I am for our growing season as short as it is when I
think of Lincoln, Mont. (up in the Rockies) which only has a 28-day growing
season.

Raoghnailt