SC - was meat in a can, now siggys hair

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Apr 19 16:39:45 PDT 2000

    Well, we've got moray eels down here, and you usually find them by
sticking your hand into any hole or crevice in the rocks underwater. Be
aware, though, that you will definitely want somebody standing by to catch
the shark (aka the 3rd course) that will be attracted by the exceptionally
messy moray harvesting process. If you're lucky, it won't have swallowed any
body parts, and they can be re-attached.
    Actually, moray is pretty good, and they're nowhere near as fearsome as
some people (who are missing fingers and such) make them out to be. And
shark (otherwise known as Surfer's Revenge) is a popular entree in most
restaurants down here (SW Fla). We also have spotted eel, which is kind of
scrawny (they're only a foot or so long, hardly worth the effort), but is
tasty, if a bit bland. Unfortunately, the seaweed huggers have prevented any
commercial harvesting of eels in the gulf . . .

    Sieggy