SC - quick important note

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Apr 19 19:50:00 PDT 2000

I forwarded Devra's idea to Paul, and here's his response. He'd like us to
have it at a decent price too- anybody willing to write up a proposal?

###################################

I would be delighted to have a paperback edition, perhaps dropping the
Chinese text (but it is intrinsic to the  book, so this is something of a
problem). I would even give up my royalties to have the book more
accessible. Why don't you guys write up a proposal detailing what you want
and the probable audience and I will see to it that it gets to the proper
people in Kegan Paul International (the publisher). I warn, however, that
they probably will not consider this for a while (until much of the
hardbound edition is sold) and there is the added problem that they have
been having financial problems and may or may not be around (of course, if
they are not, and the book goes out of print for 6 months or more it is mine
again).

################################

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous