SC - Hard as little rocks

RichSCA@aol.com RichSCA at aol.com
Wed Apr 19 22:06:46 PDT 2000

    He had live steam burns over almost all of his upper body, which was
compounded by the fact that he was also covered in superheated navy beans,
the lid (or a piece of it - we're not sure) smashed his face and the front
of his skull when it flew up (he was leaning over it when he set it in the
sink), his back was broken when he was thrown backwards against a steel
rack, and his face was basically cooked to the bone in a couple of seconds.
Not to mention just the concussive trauma of being 8" from it when it went
off.
    Had he survived, which was very unlikely, he would not have appreciated
it at all. In his case, death was a merciful thing, which is what I meant.
This was pretty much one of those exceptional cases.
    Actually, he was a nice enough guy and certainly didn't deserve what
happened to him but there are times when death is considerable preferable to
the alternative. Several other workers were burned, too, I might add, but
nowhere as severely as this fellow. Moral: steam is a dangerous thing, treat
it with respect!

    Sieggy.