SC - Dangers of pressure cookers

Patrick Hood kelan at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 20 08:23:15 PDT 2000

baronsig at peganet.com writes [at least I think it was him; I'm not sure
any more; sorry!]:

> >  > On an allied subject and one for the cheese fiends, did you know that
> >  there
> >  > is reportedly a really stinky French cheese whose name translates as "the
> >  > feet of god"?

The reports you have heard have been greatly exaggerated...

The cheese is Camembert, which is the name of a market town in France,
and it was said that the _aroma_ of Camembert resembled that of the feet
of God. In other words, sublimely stinky. Never having smelled the feet
of God, I couldn't comment on any resemblance. However, Camembert is
rather similar to Brie, but with a slightly stronger odor, nowhere in
the Limberger or Gorgonzola class, even when ripe.

But yeah, it makes a good story... ;  )

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy