SC - Fw: Opotherapy

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Thu Apr 20 13:02:09 PDT 2000

    Beats me - there's no latin roots that would shed light on it. Greek,
maybe? All oppo- roots in latin imply an opposition (general concept) in
nature. My Greek dictionaries don't show anything, either. A mistranslation,
or translitteration, perhaps? Or is it perhaps a confrontational approach,
which is very unlikely, given the philosophical bias of medieval medicine?
But then, 11th century, that's pretty early, and most classical medical
literature had yet to be rediscovered . . .
    Y'alls guess is as good as mine!

    Sieggy