SC - IT'S A YES!!!!

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Thu Apr 20 13:18:09 PDT 2000

> I know that food fights at feast are common at some Kingdom's events, but (to
> be perfectly honest with you'all)  I would not attend feasts where throwing
> food was common and if a food fight "broke out" at an event I was at... I
> would figure that was my clue to depart.  Not that anyone there would
> probably care... Still that's how I feel.
>
> Rayne

Thank you, same here.  And consider that many people spend a fair
amount of money and/or time on their clothes.  The last thing that I
want to do is have to clean some of my garments of melon or grapes.
Feast is that one place in the SCA where you can feel comfortable
wearing a sideless wool surcoat with 2 feet of extra fabric still on
the floor.  I wouldn't wear it to tournament, maybe to court,
certainly not to merchant's row after a down pour (probably not
anywhere outside in An Tir) and so I get to wear it to feast.  I wear
my *white* (which I want to remain that way and not be tarnished by
fruit juices) hat and my white veils.

JMNSHO but keep the food fights to high school cafeterias.

Melbrigda
There was som deceptyon or frawdulent
induction that hath made her to condescende
therunto

Visit my website at http://milkmama.tripod.com/sca.html