food and appearance...was Re: SC - quick important note

catwho@bellsouth.net catwho at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 20 14:59:53 PDT 2000

snicker-reminds me of the time i went into a kitchn because the cook
challenged me-i told him that he could make hollandaise for real as
quickly as he could make it from a knorr package...the previous chef
there made real hollandaise and they had changed out managers and the
new manager fired the chef and brought in this schmuck who took too many
shortcuts like the mixes, and then wondered why his former clientel
folloewd the old chef to his new job!
margali

Once the salad was served my husband asked about the
dressing and before the server could respond I told him exactly what was
in
it.  This, being a very nice upscale restaurant, was a complete shock to
the
server and he just shock his head and said I was right.