SC - Fw: Opotherapy

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Thu Apr 20 18:01:45 PDT 2000

Phlip did write:

>I'd be very careful with that, Aoife. Unless it's very thoroughly dry,
>plaster has a tendency to explode when heated. I'd hate to see you having
>very detailed impressions of exploding plaster in your oven....
>
>;-)
>
>Phlip

I would suggest maybe using a metal mold for the baking .  If you want to
use the plaster I would use the 'with breadcrumb' sort.  You can get some
wonderful moulds in metal, mousse mold usually, but some wonderful designs.
Or maybe, it's my experience that gingerbread is fairly soft when it comes
out of the oven, maybe you could try moulding it then, while it's still
hot. I've never had plaster explode on me in the oven though.  Maybe since
I only bake at really low temperatures when I'm using it though.  How hot
does your gingerbread need to be cooked at?
- -Katerine