SC - Dangers of pressure cookers

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Apr 20 20:41:59 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/20/00 9:13:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ekoogler at chesapeake.net writes:

<< Giant??  Is that the same Giant that we have here in Maryland?  I ask
because I
 don't recall seeing anything other than the standard orange carrot there.  Of
 course we do live out in "SMIB Central" (Southern Maryland InBred, for those
of
 you who don't know...) and that could make a difference.  I can't even find
 currants at our Giant here!

 Kiri >>

Yes, that's the one. :-) There carry them regularly here. At least for the
past 6 months. I think they come from New Zealand but I may be wrong. I
bought and cooked some. They have a strong carrot taste, are not as sweet as
the orange ones but for all those people who like there veggies half cooked,
they do keep a firmer texture. I would say they taste more like the carrots I
have up-bred from Queen Ann's lace without the bitterness. Like lovage
compared to celery, if you want the essence of the flavor as opposed to the
sweetness I would highly recommend them. BTW, if you ask the produce manager
and tell him the Giant in Williamsport carries them i am sure he could order
them for you. :-)

Ras