SC - Hard as little rocks

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Fri Apr 21 01:36:58 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/20/00 3:00:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
catwho at bellsouth.net writes:

>  > My solution to a "horrible looking stew" was to make dumplings so it
> formed
>  > a layer over the top.  It might not have been period, but it saved us
from
>  > seriously underestimated feast.

Actually, dumplings are quite period.  The recipe for "White Ravioli" in
Redon's "The Medieval Kitchen" is exactly that...a dumpling.  The recipe may
be Neapolitan in origin, and was found in New York's Pierpont Morgan Library.
unsigned, unfortunately, because it is a wonderful recipe which is just as
tasty with the sweet spices as it is with dill and sage.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Such a strange fascination, as I wallow in waste
That such a trivial victory could put a smile on your face.
                                        - Mark Burgess