SC - Three Easy Pieces, or Verjus Redux

Christi Rigby crigby at uswest.net
Fri Apr 21 15:47:41 PDT 2000

Waaa-aaa-aay back on Monday, 27 March 2000,
Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> asked:
>And just what _does_ "al-shazhiyya" refer to, for those of us who are less
>linguistically informed? <grin>
>Maire, who doesn't care what color it is, as long as it works! ;-)
>
>lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
>>  OK, i'm al-shazhiyya, but i'd say it depends on the rest of the decor
>  > of the room in which it resides. Often refrigerators in "decorator
>>  colors" were chosen to match other aspects of the room, which, of
>  > course were much changed later causing unpleasant color clashes.

My apologies for not responding to your question. My epithet is no
great secret (to those who understand Arabic (which i don't, just
yet)). I merely managed to miss your message in the usual plethora of
posts.

"al-shazhiyya" means "the eccentric" (feminine ending - i guess
masculine would be "al-shazhi")

Anahita Gauri al-shazhiyya bint-Karim al-hakim al-Fassi
(not a registerable name, but i'm working on one)