SC - Dumplings

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Apr 21 19:49:55 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/21/00 4:38:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
CBlackwill at aol.com writes:

<< Am I going to be  chided and guffawed if, during my A&S entry, It is
noticed that I substituted  Mace for Nutmeg,>>

Absolutely not. If you show valid reasons why you made such a substitution.

<<or prepared a "classic" dish with pork instead of beef?  >>

Again, explaining why you chose to deviate is the important thing.

<<Am  I going to be denied my Laurel, my Pelican, my Albatross or what have
you?   >>

Absolutely not, being an expert in ones field of study has little or no
bearing on whether these awards are given or not. Many things are considered,
including but not restricted to chivalry, personality, dedication to the
organization and service. Maybe even whether the majority of the Order
members had their coffee before the meeting. There is no set policy within
the SCA which standardizes the presentation of high orders of merit. Whether
this is good or bad remains an illusive and controversial issue.

Ras