SC - Chickpeas

Patrick Hood kelan at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 23 09:33:04 PDT 2000

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 23-Apr-100 Re: SC - Asparagus
anyone?? by CBlackwill at aol.com

> Taragon, Chervil, and Sweet Woodruff are also very good on asparagus (either
> sprinkled on fresh after cooking, or infused into the cooking liquid)

I've always found the best to be "boil in salted water until al dente,
remove to platter, add olive oil, toss.  Add salt, toss. Add balsamic
vinegar, toss." It's period too (Platina and Castrovetti [sp] both
describe boiled with oil, vinegar, and salt)YUmmmmm. Even my butter
loving husband has abandoned asparagus in butter for this.

toodles, margaret