SC - Fw: Re: [TY] Easter Celebrations

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sun Apr 23 16:40:16 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/23/00 10:48:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
lorix at trump.net.au writes:

> I seem to remember that it was associated with a roast (chicken I think
that
> had
>  been gilded with egg) and it describes serving it with quenelles.  My
memory
>  supplies a faint recollection of these being sausage like balls of possibly
>  meat/mince and/or stuffing.  Have neither time nor ability to check
further
> into
>  this at the moment, but offer it as a possible prod to someone else's
memory
> and
>  someone with more available time at the moment to check ;-0

Quenelles are, essentially, poached meat mousseline, so it is very likely
that they are mentioned as an accompaniement to roasts or Potages.  I did a
Mushroom and spinach wrapped tenderloin for a private catering function a few
years ago, and served it with veal quenelles in beef consomme brunoise.  Very
nice, and very elegant.  Certainly, if they are period, suitable for service
to nobility!

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what realy has no Name.